Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Unfortuante Circumstance



      Yesterday I decided it was time to move the furniture around, trying to make our small space work better for us.  While doing so however, I did not take into consideration (well, actually I did, but I did not think the threat was that great) that behind Mikaiah's play kitchen (where it could not be reached) sat a mouse trap - one that had killed a mouse only two days earlier - hopefully our only little inhabitant.)  While moving the little kitchen from one side of the room to the other (six feet away) my daughter happened to notice the mouse trap (in about 5 seconds,) stealthily picked it up (without setting it off - pretty amazing for a 1 1/2 year old) and was enticed by the lovely peanut butter bait just waiting for her.  In one swift movement she leaned in and LICKED the peanut butter, snapping her tongue as she did so.   This pretty much scared her to death (not litterally) as well as causing her tongue to bleed just a bit.  So sad.  All of this happened in about 15 seconds.  I couldn't decide if I wanted to laugh, cry, (she was SO upset) or throw up (she licked the very spot a dead mouse died - nasty!) and then get her tested for rabies.  (Just kidding.)  So we cuddled for a few minutes until the tears stopped, I put her down to finish putting the furniture back, and then she picked up our modem which apparently gave her a static shock and sent her into tears again.  There was ONLY one thing a good mother like me could do...give her ice cream, which she thoroughly enjoyed, as you can tell in the above picture. (Also, her little friend Elowen who was just looking on at all of these events of course needed some as well.)  What a crazy day (mostly consisting of a crazy 20 minutes.)  My poor adventuresome, peanut butter loving baby, I love her even more for days like today!



No comments: