Saturday, September 12, 2009

My new life



Changes. Changes it seems have been my life as of late. Good changes, it's true, but changes all the same. On August 8th, 2009 I married Seth Finley, the love of my life. It was a beautiful wedding (what bride doesn't think her wedding was beautiful?) but we had a truly lovely time, it was great to see everyone who came out to celebrate with us, we were really blessed by all the people who were able to join us.
Afterwards we headed off to eastern oregon, idaho, washington and Nelson, B.C. and then back to Astoria, OR where we enjoyed a splendid couple of weeks relaxing and wandering about aimlessly. Such bliss. Coming home we have spent the last few weeks settling in as I started my new job as an assistant Montessori teacher in McMinnville and as the Mandate School started up again. (We are helping out with the Mandate school randomly this year - Seth is at this very moment off with the students on NIKO a five day outdoor leadership program.)
This was my third week at my job (first week with students) and I absolutely love it. I think it will be a really good fit for me. We are loving being in this community (Sheridan) and have settled nicely into our apartment. We even picked up a roommate - Dawna Jager, a great friend of ours. God has been faithfully providing for us, like always, and blessing us in so many ways. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us this next year!

No comments: