Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Up-cycling

There is something about the Christmas Season that brings out my desire to create things, anything, and inspiration is everywhere.  The trick for me is to hone that desire into projects that are A) do able within a short amount of time B) within my skill set (meaning not only that I can do it, but that I will most likely be happy with the product I end up with) - though this must always be pushed a little bit in order to aquire new and improved skills - best done when you have a more skilled person on hand to help.  Today that person was my sister and the project was to turn an ill fitting adult size merino wool sweater I found at a consignment store for $1 into a dress for Mikaiah. The entire project took about 1 1/2 hours.  Totally happy with the result.  I also included a few pictures of the lovely winter cape my mother made Mikaiah. (I bought this material for this project and found myself overwhelmed, so my mother made the cape and I sewed on the buttons.)  Thanks mom! 







She was very wiggly today, so these are the best I could get!

No comments: